At BlackFoot Kennels your dog will be treated as part of our family. Included in your dog’s stay with us are “creature comforts” that we enjoy providing as part of your dog’s care .....
As needed and free of charge:
- Nail clipping
- Baths (medicated or RX baths may include a fee)
- Ear cleaning
- Social/exercise time with appropriately matched dogs in attendance.
A regular Routine & Schedule:
(When traveling to compete this schedule may be altered)
- 2 feedings daily: 6:30am & between 4pm & 6pm (depending on training schedule).
- Airing before and after meals, mid-day and a final evening outing (approximately 8pm).
- A “bedtime biscuit” every night before lights-out.
Sanitary kennel & housing environments:
- While we do have some community water buckets; food dishes are specific for each dog.
- Kennels and crates are cleaned with a special antibacterial/fungal/virus cleaner at least once a month or as needed.
- Water and food dishes are thoroughly cleaned once every other week.
- In hot weather fans run in the kennel in order to help cool and decrease moisture (discouraging bacteria and fungal growth).
- Dogs are "aired" regularly and eliminating in our kennel building is discoutraged. No dog is expected to "live" where they pee or poop.
- Most of our dogs come INSIDE to sleep in crates ... in our home we have a specialy designed heated/air conditioned "dog room."
- Each out-door kennel run has a Kuranda cot bed (so no dog must lay directly on the concrete).
(Space is limited to 2 client dogs at a time & we fill up FAST please contact us for details and to get on the wait list)